Thanks to health care reform, a market that is increasingly consumer-focused, and technology that is drastically changing how care will be delivered, the health care industry is in a state of flux. Yet flux can represent the right time to optimize your organization and ensure your value proposition delivers what is needed tomorrow, not yesterday. We were able to get some behind-the-scenes insights from our own CEO and Chairman, Patrick Geraghty, into how GuideWell has taken an entrepreneurial approach to these industry stresses. Our interview is the inaugural podcast for our new podcasting channel, GuideWell Insights.
Listen for these five highlights:
- The reasons why a large provider practice wanted to be bought by a payer, not a hospital system.
- The ways community partners like United Way and the YMCA are as valuable as business partners such as Tavistock, Cisco and GE Healthcare.
- Why Pat declares, “fee for service needs to be gone” but that the transition to value-based care might take 3-5 years.
- How telemedicine can be a driver to improve costs of care delivery and offset the PCP shortage.
- Which characteristics Pat finds invaluable in women leaders.
How GuideWell Insights can help you
Our goal for GuideWell Insights is to provide our audience with context and commentary from experts on consumerism, new methods of care delivery, and innovation in the health care industry. Dynamic changes require a discerning voice. With our podcasts, we will strive to bring you conversations with the best in the business to help you be the best at yours. Watch this space for upcoming podcasts on the intersection of population health and value-based care; insights from some of the top innovation conferences in 2014, and the next installment in our series, “How to Consumer.”